Thursday, December 6, 2012

I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You: A Book Review

By Nasya Howard

‘I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You’, is a book written  by Ally Carter.
This is the first in a series of five books. This book introduces you to the main character, Cameron Morgan who goes by Cammie. She attends the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. The Gallagher Academy is located in a small town, where everyone knows each other; which causes people, who do not go to the school, to think it’s a school only for rich spoiled brats. This is actually an all girls school that teaches their students how to become spies! Cammie is in the 10th grade along with her best friends, Rebecca Baxter and Elizabeth Stotten, who she met in the 7th grade. In this book being a spy has its ups and downs; like going on really fun trips for a covert operation class. The down side for Cammie is not telling anyone, who isn’t already a spy, the truth about her and her school.
    Cammie Morgan is the main character of the book and also the daughter of Rachel Morgan, one of the worlds best spies and also the headmistress of the Gallagher Academy. Being the daughter of the Headmistress, I would think Cammie would be one of the most popular girls or she would get everything she wants but, most people know her as the Chameleon. In this book while Cammie is trying to be the chameleon she is stopped by, a special guy.
     Rebecca Baxter, also known as Bex, is a spy also at Gallagher Academy. When not at school she lives with her parents, who are also spies, in England. In the book Bex is described as a girl who is always up for an adventure and always has a great time. For these reasons Bex is my favorite character in this book.
   Elizabeth Stotten, Liz for short, is one of the smartest students at the Gallagher Academy. She can crack any code, break into any account, she even made an edible tracking device.  Whenever Cammie and Bex go on some crazy mission she’s always the one who deals with the computers. Liz is described as a super skinny girl who has a country accent and is deeply afraid of spiders.
    This book was recommended to me by my cousin, and I would recommend it to preteen and teen girls. What I like about this book is how it is kind of a romance/action/comedy book. I really enjoyed reading this book and would give it a 5 star rating. I would recommend it to anyone who likes adventure, action books. I know you will enjoy it too.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book last summer. I expected to like it because it sounded like it would be about strong, adventurous girls. However, once I began reading,I found that the action and adventure was all around the principal's daughter's romance with a boy from town. I wanted international intrigue!

    Besides that, she lied repeatedly to this new boy without any very good reason. And don't you get annoyed when girls get all silly around boys, in books?

    I found it went against my feminist beliefs. :)
    Thanks for your review and can't wait to see what you read next! I recommend Dairy Queen, if you haven't read it yet.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete