Monday, November 12, 2012

Calaca Feliz: A Restaurant Review

By Dylan Allender


  Calaca Feliz is a very nice Mexican restaurant in Fairmount. Calaca Feliz is Spanish for ‘happy bones’ and the paintings on the wall of skeletons are just that. This restaurant has great food. The owners names are Brian Sirhal and Tim Spinner, who is also the executive chef. One of the nice things about Calaca Feliz is that they have a good kid’s menu. It has a large variety of foods.
 When I recently went to this restaurant with my mom, dad and grandfather, I had carnitas taco and so did my grandfather. To drink I had a virgin margarita to drink (non-alcoholic of course -- I’m nine).The tacos were made with pork and were great. My drink was very good. My mom had grilled shrimp and said it was great. I tried something called a tamale, which is a kind of corn entre. My dad had this.  I thought it was pretty bland and I didn’t really like it. For dessert we had different ice creams and sorbets like choclate y  banana, orange and vanilla and a vanilla chiro, a Mexican cookie.   
     After going to Calaca Filez I  am completely sure that I will go there again. In my view it is an awesome restaurant and one to experience at least once.


The pictures on the wall at Calaca Feliz are of dancing skeletons.  

3 comments:

  1. Personally, I loved my tamale dish, it was made with duck, but, yeah the carnitas tacos are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly have to try it next time I'm in Philly, sounds like a nice place to get a taco and hang out with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dylan, did you know that I LOVE Mexican food? Thanks for the review of this cool restaurant. It's now on my list of places to go.

    ReplyDelete