Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ella Enchanted: A Movie Review

By Elie Lubin

“Ella Enchanted” the movie,  is a fun filled romantic, twisted Cinderella story, starring Anne Hathway, as Ella, and Hugh Dancy, as Prince Charmont (who likes to be called Char) . It is a fairy tale that takes place in Frell, where baby Ella is given a gift, that feels like a curse, which is always to be obedient. Can she, or can she not, live a happy, normal, life? She strives to not follow the rules of the curse, but she always has to because the curse won’t let her stop. One her way to try to find her Fairy Godmother, Lucinda, she encounters lots of close calls, and scary moments.  
   Filmed at the Ardmore Studios, in Ireland this movie creates a magical feeling.  Even though it’s not anything like the book, it’s still one of my favorite movies in the world. This movie is rated PG and a great one for the whole family to see. I would rate this movie, 5 out of 5 stars because it is so fantastic.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You really made me want to watch this movie. Thanks for your hard work on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading this review!! Our writers love the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coincidentally, I am using this movie with my Drama class, to teach fractured fairy tales. Ian and I watched it together so I could prepare.

    I might also use Enchanted, which is also based on what I think of as the 'three girl stories.'

    I would like to hear your opinion of the book, also!

    Lisa (Ian's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Kelly, I thought the book might be even better than the movie. It is very different because in the book they have finishing school and in the movie they don't. Also, in the book she doesn't almost kill the prince. I like the movie, but I like the book even better. Elie and Zoe

    ReplyDelete